The Kinetic Canine is hiring!
Looking for a self-motivated, enthusiastic, outgoing individual to apprentice with me and eventually run some pet obedience and sports classes at The Kinetic Canine.
The apprenticeship will last between 3 and 6 months, depending on the individual’s prior experience and learning rate, and is unpaid. Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, the apprentice may be hired on as a paid Independent Contractor (this is my goal). During the apprenticeship, the apprentice will be expected to complete reading assignments and written assessments, as well as practical, hands-on assignments. Some day-to-day business operations (such as handling email inquiries about classes), may also be assigned.
If successfully hired on as an Independent Contractor, the individual will be expected to teach assigned classes, handle inquiries and registrations for assigned classes, and handle currently enrolled student communication outside of class. An email address and phone extension will be assigned to the Contractor to facilitate communication. The Contractor will also be able to use the training fields to conduct private lessons whenever the field is not in use.
- must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- must be 18 years or older, with a high school diploma or GED
- must have a computer with daily internet access
- must have a smartphone (iPhone, Blackberry or Android)
- must have own transportation
- must be able to take instruction
- must be able to complete apprenticeship assignments in a timely manner (approximately 2 hours a week)
- must be able to work evenings and possibly some weekends (schedule will be fairly fixed – between 2 and 6 hours a week)
- some dog training experience (paid, volunteer, or hobby) or animal handling experience (vet tech, kennel manager, animal shelter volunteer)
- some college or higher education
- previous teaching, training, public speaking, or marketing experience
Interested individuals should send a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com